Most small business owners have to take working vacations at some point while their business grows. Having a plan will help you be more efficient and also maximize your free time. You can stay productive even while enjoying a much deserved break from the office.
We suggest using distraction free spaces to work in while on vacation so you can work more efficiently and have more free time.
A separation of work space from leisure space is important so you can enjoy your leisure time to the fullest. Here are three distraction-free spaces where you can get your work done quicker so you can have more free time:
1. Find a short term rental space where you can work. There are short term office rental spaces all over the world, and many have offices you can rent for an hour, day, or week. These spaces also usually have office supplies, so if you need to make copies, send faxes, or even use a desktop computer, they may have that available.
2. Use the local library. Nearly every town has a local library, and they usually have study rooms or big tables for use. If you prefer a more comfortable setting, they usually also have large comfortable chairs. This is an especially convenient resource to use if you are staying at someone's home.
3. The hotel business space or lounge. Nearly every hotel has quiet areas where you can get some laptop work done. Check with your concierge for out of the way places to work where you won't be disturbed. It may be tempting to work poolside, but if you are traveling with family it may be better to do your work quickly inside the hotel, then join them at the pool for fun.
No matter where you decide to get work done, we encourage you to make the most of your vacation by minimizing the amount of time you are working, and enjoy each moment of vacation. Here are 3 more ways to keep your vacation filled with more fun and less work:
1. Delegate what you can before you go on vacation to help lighten your load.
2. Use Red Butler's virtual assistant services to work on tasks while you are away. Here are some things you can delegate to Red Butler while you are away.
3. Schedule very specific time each day to get work done so it doesn't take over your vacation.
Since 2005, our high-performance executive clients have helped Red Butler continuously improve our service model. Today our clients enjoy the service quality of an experienced in-house executive support team for less than the cost of one additional hire.